Welcome to the Microsoft Intern Game!
Every year, the college interns at Microsoft spend a weekend driving around Washington state solving puzzles in a contest of skill, for the prize of honor. It's called "The Game," and they rate it as one of their favorite activities of the summer. Outside of their awesome jobs, of course.
What is The Game?
It is like The Amazing Race on a comparatively tiny budget. Think of a scavenger hunt in which the next step is always cleverly encoded. Think of a road rally in minivans.
Not clear? You might find the Wikipedia write-up more enlightening.
Can I find out more about your Games?
- 2019 was Duology
- 2018 was Camp Northwind / Fabrikamp
- 2017 was The Global Unified Intelligence Division
- 2016 was Artifact
- 2015 was The Queen of Stories
- 2014 was Anti-piracy Validation and Avoidance Security Team
- 2013 was The Seattle Experimental Telementry Initiative
- 2012 was Creative Unity Lifestyle Training
- 2011 was Future Energy Institue/Federal Espionage and Intelligence
- 2010 was Marino Group
- 2009 was Zoobotics Making the Future
- 2008 was The Institute of Applied Synchronetics
- 2007 was Gumshoe Unlimited
- 2006 was The Fire Lake Game
- 2005 was Illumine
- 2004 was PSC (Puget Sound Criminalistics)
- 2003 was Vignettes: The Piece
- 2002 was PsychoSys
- 1999 was Mythos
Want to play our Game?
There are two ways in:
- One option is to play in the live summer Game. The only requirement is that you are an intern employed by Microsoft. That's not a trivial requirement to meet, but you can read about the opportunity and, if it interests you, mail your school's recruiter.
- The other option is to be a tester for us throughout the year. We do a rehearsal in the spring which is open to select people. Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to get involved with The Intern Game?
Great! You must be in the Seattle area (because there is construction and other on-site work) and you must be the kind of person who meets commitments.
If that describes you, send us a message at email@example.com.