Washington Trail (Meta)
Washington Trail consisted of a few different components, 4 puzzles, 12 speedbumps, and an Oregon Trail-style travel system.
- Puzzle 1 - Hooligans: This is the logic puzzle
- Puzzle 2 - Rock Me Mama: Colorful wagon wheels
- Puzzle 3 - Sidetracked: Map pieces
- Puzzle 4 - Dodge Duck Dip Dive Dodge: Word transformations at Davey's Hideout
- A Series of Unfortunate Events: Speedbumps
- Travel: Uh… travel lol
Teams could interact with Washington Trail throughout the event, continuing to travel as they solved puzzles and unlocked additional resources. Occasionally, they might be forced to complete a current Washington Trail leg to continue.
- The team is gated until they have completed a specific number of bounties.
- The team chooses to buy supplies and starts traveling.
- Travel slowly drains their resources.
- At a few spots, they're prompted with some sort of problem. This requires using an award that they received by completing bounties (the photo challenges).
- If they run out of resources or fail a speedbump, they "die" and go back to step 2.
- At the end of the leg, they get some plot and a puzzle.
- After solving the puzzle, they get some more plot and an answer to put in Spiderdog.